Skip Navigation
StreetEasy Logo

Wall Mount of TV / Shower Doors

Started by 200wea
almost 15 years ago
Discussion about
Can anyone provide good recommendations on 1) Wall mount installation service providers--I would like to have my large LCD wall-mounted, with ALL wires running behind the wall. 2) Shower door retailers, for bath tub, of this design? http://www.artistcraft.com/tub_doors/bathtub_screens/33/3796 Thanks for the recommendations.
Response by divvie
almost 15 years ago

1. 9J builders (212) 966-7952 did ours. Good, quick job. Bear in mind that it is against code to run power cords behind dry wall. You need bx and a box with a recessed face behind the panel which 9J can do. Rest of the AV cables can then be run thru a conduit behind the dry wall.

2. http://simonsny.com/ for the shower door.
That's where the developer of our place got a very similar one to the one in your link from when we pointed out that he had forgotten to cater for the shower splash.

Not saying it is the best place to get one, just saying it's a place to look.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by ericho75
almost 15 years ago

Divvie,
How much did that cost you to mount that TV?
I just picked up a 52 inch LCD and need to do the same.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
almost 15 years ago

huh?

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by columbiacounty
almost 15 years ago

make sure to leave room for the cable box or dvr...you'll probably need an RF remote as well.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by columbiacounty
almost 15 years ago

then you and matt could watch tv together.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by sloperaly
almost 15 years ago

Dont go retail...Must try Linea Aqua...and save at least 200 or more on getting your own installer. these are the ones the NYC distributors go to and they will sell it to you direct. I wound up finding a good guy on CL to put them up - i recall it cost me 75 appx to put each one up and he drilled into Marble tiles which was more difficult than plain old tile/sheetrock. kills the drill bit!
anyway the company was great to deal with, delivers too. best price was direct from them. PS this was a tub door not a shower door so I was going by the pic you attached.
http://www.lineaaqua.net/shop/Shower-Door-Tub-Screen-c-310-p-2.html

good luck!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by nyc10023
almost 15 years ago

I bought mine from Linea Aqua (Zambi model). I got lucky with the installation. We had a custom shower enclosure built, and those guys did the tub screen installation as well for a tip. Worked out really well, because they used the right glue & tools (which they had on hand).

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by anonymous
almost 15 years ago

i wish i could make a reco on the tv mounting... all i can say is i had two done in feb and it was one of the most frustrating experiences i have had in awhile. so if anyone has a reco for the board PLEASE put it out there.
It took 7 hours to do two TV's and the place was a MESS after. I did not have a cabinet for the cable box yet and the guy made the wires too short. (I went the way of hiding the wires behind the wall).
sorry i could not be more helpful, best to use someone that comes to you are reco and you can see what he has done.
Good luck!!!!!

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by ewitte
over 14 years ago

"Bear in mind that it is against code to run power cords behind dry wall"

Not technically because an electrician would do the same thing how else is the outlet getting power ;) I used conduited 12/2 terminated in the attic to add an outlet behind my TV. Also separated 16in (in the next stud) all the data cables. Everything done to code and built to support 20a even though its only on a 15a breaker.

Ignored comment. Unhide
Response by 1OneWon
over 14 years ago

^------- Per code: The electrical outlet has to be mounted on the drywall, not "inside" the drywall. All other wires can be run and "hooked-up" "inside" the drywall.

Ignored comment. Unhide

Add Your Comment